Also in Austria, as a nude hiker or sportsman in the great outdoors, you first have contact with the police, if at all. But also only, if some ignorant person has called the police, because he or she is not familiar with hiking in the buff or nude sports and develops some kind of unfounded fantasies. Therefore, we will first give an overview of previous
In Austria, police law may address the legal classification of nude activities such as hiking in the buff. There are two separate apects of police law:
- The state police law concerning public order
- The security police law concerning public security
- "Öffentliche Ordnung" [en: Public order],
- "Begründete Ärgernisse" [en: Legitimate disturbances],
- "Öffentlichen Anstand" [en: Public decency], and
- "Unzumutbare Belästigungen" [en: Unacceptable annoyances].
Also in Austria, penal law declares sexually oriented deeds as criminal offences, but not simple nudity. Penal law can therefore not be applied to naturist activities.
As a third legal construct, the property right also gives the owner of a property extensive power of disposal in Austria:
Sole ownership excludes others from using and disposing of the item. The owner alone decides how to use the property.
Nudity and property right: Königsbergalm 2018 – group photo with the couple running the alm